- Microsoft Office is probably the most famous office suite in the world today.
- Its popularity is due in part to the variety of tools it offers, including Skype for Business.
- Users have reported receiving an error message when trying to call certain numbers, stating that: “You are not set up to use this calling feature, please contact your administrator” Users have to specify the phone system in their Office 365 licenses, as well as the call plans for those specific users in your organization.
Click on More options (three vertical dots) then Settings in the Phone app.
Easily call landlines and mobile phones in 70+ countries from the US, Mexico, or Canada.
Go Wild secures your license, permits, harvest authorizations, state stamps and hunter safety education information online which can be accessed through a variety of items including your original paper document, a paper reprint, an optional conservation card, your authenticated Wisconsin driver’s license, or a department-generated PDF displayed on your electronic device – no more worries about losing your one and only copy. Depending on which item you choose to use, you will have access to all of these records. Please note all forms of proof are NOT acceptable for all types of authorizations – see tables below for details.
The Slack call feature lets you skype or make voice calls to anyone within your workplace. We explain how it works, and what devices it works with.
Skype for Business is one of the many tools that Microsoft Office offers, making it one of the world’s most popular office suites.
Can You Call
The procedure for calling Canada and most Caribbean nations is the same as the procedure for making a domestic long distance call. Simply dial 1, the area code, and the number you are trying to reach. To call a phone in another country, dial 011, and then the code for the country you are calling, the area or city code, and the phone number. For example, if you are trying to call someone in Brazil (country code 55), in the city of Rio de Janeiro (city code 21), you would dial 011 – 55 – 21 – XXXX-XXXX. Countries employ varying numbers of digits for area/city codes and telephone numbers. Don’t be surprised if the number you are trying to call has more or less than three plus seven digits. Call or check the web site of your service provider to find out the country code and the area/city code, or if your provider has different instructions for international calls. You can also find country codes on the website of the ITU.
In some situations, this can occur. For example, if you are using Microsoft as your phone service provider, and you have a valid tariff and Microsoft Telephone System license, you are experiencing this problem. Usually, this is because no phone number has been assigned to the user. You can unassign and reassign a phone number if it has been assigned to you.
There have been several years of Skype for Business being a popular collaboration tool, and its popularity does not seem to be diminishing. As Skype has become better at doing business, it has also had some bugs and flaws. In one instance, it cannot connect from another contact, showing a message telling users to contact their administrator if they wish to use the call feature.
In a story, three umpires argue, and the phrase appears to have its origins in that story. In the first umpire’s case, “I call ’em as I see ’em.” In the second, “I call ’em like they were.” And in the third, “They are nothing until I call them.”
Users have reported error messages when calling certain numbers using Skype for Business, including:
Your administrator must enable the calling feature for you.
You can find this information under Cisco Unified CM Administration – Call Routing – Class of Control – Calling Search Space.
Using a flexible third-party application that provides you with versatile settings to boost your productivity while managing your calls via any device is recommended.
I am getting an error saying that I need the User.Read.All permissions when I go into Microsoft 365 settings. It was not required before as this was a new error, so I added that permission to the Azure AD App Registration and the error went away, but the problem was still there. It clearly shows all users when I go to User Sync, so there is a connection. But I cannot sign in for some reason.
In the next article, we will delve deeper into the reasons for this error message.
FaceTime’s Audio feature allows you to enter a contact or phone number, then tap the phone button. Phone numbers can be tapped in Contacts, Mail, Messages, Safari, and other apps to place a call.
Skype does not generate this error because of functionality or issue issues. Instead, it appears when the application fails to meet the requirements.
What causes the “You are not configured to use this call function” error message?
There are two main reasons for this error. One is that your Office 365 plan license does not support conferencing, and the other is that your IT administrator forgot to set up the data plan settings. Microsoft teams sometimes tell you that your account is not setup to use the calling feature.
To resolve the “You are not configured to use this calling feature” error message
This error is not caused by Skype application functionality or problems
You may be seeing this call error message if your application requirements and needs are not met. You can resolve this by checking the reports on the right.
- A user would not have to purchase Office 365 plans if they have an onsite connection through a service provider.
- Hybrid users should be allowed to connect to the PSTN, which requires that the phone system license be evaluated. Office 365 licenses must also specify the phone system in addition to the call plans for individuals within your organization.
- To use Skype for Business Administration, users must add a phone number.
- Ensure that the location of your organization and emergency contacts are secured or added (if they have not already been added).
- Users must now be assigned an address and phone number.
What if the problem is not solved
- With a variety of engagement tools available, you can switch from your current offers to new ones if the problem is still not resolved after following all the steps.
- Compared to Office 365 plans for Skype, the digital market offers many user plans that are cost-effective.
- Microsoft teams are replacing Skype enterprise, so users should consider other plans.
- Thus, Skype should work on improving the plans and services it offers to users (e.g., bug fixes, improved user interface, etc.) in order to empower users and support sound business practices.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Microsoft commands have call settings to control how incoming calls are handled. To access the settings, select Settings, then Calls. If you select Call Me, you can also choose to call your cell phone at the same time. Select New Number or New Contact and add the number.
Click Join to join the meeting, then click Audio on the Select Audio and Video Settings screen. From there, users can request a meeting call and join or join manually. On the Use Phone for Audio screen, users enter their phone number and click Call.
In the left navigation, tap Language -> Phone Numbers. On the Phone Numbers page, select an unassigned number from the list and tap Edit. Under Edit, under Assign, find the user by the displayed name or login and click Assign.
If you're having trouble connecting to Skype, check out our Skype status page. Make sure that you have the latest version of Skype. Check your security software or firewall settings to make sure they are not blocking Skype.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.