- The “No app found to open URL” message appears on your screen when you try to open a link.
- There can be many triggers for this error, but some of the most common ones are listed below.
- The user may have inadvertently disabled built-in apps such as Brower and Play Store that don’t allow certain URLs that require their functionality to open, causing the error message to appear.
If you are looking to open a link on Android using a third party app or web browser, here is a simple guide to solve the error.
It appears that a message warning that you don’t have the application to perform the operation in question is displayed when you try to open a link on the Internet while browsing the Internet. You are unable to open links on your phone, tablet, or PC even though you have a web browser installed. How do you resolve this?
Developed and distributed by Google, Android is a popular mobile operating system. Initially launched in 2007, Android Pie was first released in 2018 and is based on some open-source software, including the Linux kernel. Its latest stable version is Android Pie (Android 9). There are over 2 billion users of Android.
Then you’ll enjoy today’s guide, as it will show you how to fix the “No app found to open URL” error message you see when you open a webpage.
This chapter offers a number of tips you can use if you’re experiencing the “No app found to open URL” error on your Android device.
What is causing the “No app detected to open URL” error message?
No Application Found To Open This File
Try installing them from Astro file manager if you are downloading from a website, like getjar.com or something.
This error is caused by many factors, but below is a list of some of the most common.
- Users may have accidentally disabled built-in apps like Browser or Play Store, causing URLs requiring their functionality not to open.
- There is also a possibility that this error is caused by a configuration error within the system settings.
A bug on the device may have caused this error, and restarting the device can fix it. Let’s look at a solution now that we know what caused it.
What should you do if you receive a message saying “No App Found to Open URL”.
People with disabilities apply for checks
At this point, we will look to see if any applications that are installed on the phone have been disabled. Some of these applications are necessary for the stability of the operating system.
To do this:
1.) Click the “Settings” gear at the bottom right of the notification bar.
2. Select “Applications” from the drop-down menu.
Note: On some phones, this setting may be included in the Battery option.
You will find a “Demand Manager” option on the menu.
Note: If the “Application Manager” setting is not available, go to “Settings > Applications” and activate the system applications manually.
Make sure that none of the system applications are disabled, especially the browser and the Google Play Store.
5) Enable them if they’re disabled.
6) Check the problem after activating the apps.
Reset system settings
It may be necessary to reset the system settings since Android has the option to select a specific app to open certain types of links. The problem can sometimes arise when trying to open URLs.
- Click on the “Settings” cog at the bottom of the notification bar.
- The “Applications” option can be found by scrolling down.
- At the top right corner, click on “Three dots”.
- If the issue persists, try resetting the app settings.
Change the default browser
URI protocols for launching links and the web browsing app may be disconnected on your Android device if URLs won’t open.
If the selected app cannot be started or is missing, you may have to choose another app to open the URL.
How To Turn On Url On Android Phone
The website should now appear when you click the Enter key at the bottom-right corner of your keyboard.
To resolve this problem, you should try to replace the web browser app with another or specify the app already installed on the device if there is no option.
A web browser application that you previously used may be the cause of the problem, which is why you should try installing another web browser first.
It is also possible to fix the No app found to open URL Android issue by resetting your phone’s system preferences. This error can be easily resolved by following the steps listed below to reset your system preferences, since system preference glitches are one of the reasons for issues in opening URLs:
In the App Settings menu, select Apps > Default Apps > Browser, which is located on the Home screen or in the App drawer.
Open the URL again in Webnavigator and select it from the list.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
What does "no app found to open the url" mean? It means that there is an error in the app settings on your Android phone.
- Create an intent for ACTION_VIEW. val openURL = Intent( android. content. Intent. ACTION_VIEW).
- Start activity with the intent. startActivity( openURL)
- Navigate to the URL. Text URLs are usually displayed in a different color from the rest of the text.
- Click on the link. After a few seconds, your default web browser (usually Google Chrome) will display the website.
Go to Settings -> Global Settings -> check the Connect to URL checkbox.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.