- When installing an application, the error message “1607 could not set the InstallShield script runtime” appears.
- What is the reason for this error? How can you fix it? Let’s take a look at troubleshooting techniques with Techquack.
- After studying user comments and forums, we concluded that the error is mainly caused by corrupt InstallShield files or registry keys.
When installing an application, the error message “1607 could not set the InstallShield script runtime” appears. What is the reason for this error? How can you fix it? Let’s take a look at troubleshooting techniques with Techquack.
Windows 10 Installshield
Software updates can be performed automatically by InstallShield without the user having to interact with it. InstallShield is a utility that replaces the need to manually update your computer’s programs. It starts automatically at startup as a background process. It is an optional utility, so you can disable its automatic start if you wish.
Microsoft has developed and distributed Windows, one of the most popular operating systems in the world. There are more than a billion users of Windows. In addition to being faster and more secure than previous versions, Windows 10 has recently been causing users to encounter the error 1607 when trying to install the InstallShield scripting runtime.
Microsoft FX cannot be installed because error 1607 is reported.
InstallShield has been known to crash on Windows 10 when the error “1607 cannot set InstallShield scripts execution time” occurs. After researching user comments and forums, we concluded that corruption of InstallShield files or registry keys is one of the cause of this error.
Installshield Wizard Errors
InstallShield Wizard encountered an error with code -50001: 0x80070002 while setting up Vijeo Designer v6.2 or an associated Service Pack.
Ok. I’ve bought my iPod about a month ago!!! And I still haven’t been able to put music on it because of this error. Anytime I try to install iTunes. Weather it be off a disc or off the internet I get an Error: 1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime. I feel like I’ve tried almost everything with no success what so ever. I think there may be a problem with my windows installer since I am also unable to install Quicktime standalone or whatever. Same Error: 1607. Can someone please help???!!!!!
“Failure of 1607 to set InstallShield script runtime” may also be caused by faulty Windows Installer and conflicting processes.
What is the reason for the “1607 can’t InstallShield scripting runtime” error?
We investigated and identified the causes of the error after receiving reports from numerous users. We also offered a set of solutions to solve the problem completely.
Damaged files: In some cases, InstallShield files may be corrupted, causing this error. All necessary files must be present to install InstallShield Runtime.
Services: In some cases, a service or background process may interfere with the installer and cause an error.
Faulty Installer: It is also possible that the Windows Installer is faulty or some important files are missing, causing the problem.
It seems I need to reinstall installshield because I am experiencing an error 1607 problem. Any idea where I can find it? I upgraded to XP several years ago on my Dell Dimension 8200, but I am unable to locate the installshield disc. If so, how do I locate and install it if it is on the upgrade disc.
In order to avoid conflict, place the solutions in the order listed so you have a clear understanding of the problem.
How do I fix the “1607 cannot run InstallShield scripting” error?
Following are a series of troubleshooting steps to follow, one at a time, to determine whether the problem has been resolved.
After you have completed the previous steps, if the problem still does not resolve, proceed to the next one.
There is an error 1607 during the installation of Quicktime. Please help me!
Quick note: Before proceeding with the other troubleshooting steps, we recommend that you first create a system restore point. If the problem occurs during the troubleshooting process, you can return your computer to its previous working state.
Install the shield
- The hard drive on your computer should be large enough to hold all of your files.
- Try installing Installshield again by renaming the Program Files (X86)Common FilesInstallshield folder.
- If you do not know which files affect the installation, hover over them until you see the name of the program that created them on the thumbnail.
Rename the InstallShield folder
Changing the folder name or deleting the folder will solve the problem if the InstallShield files are corrupted or damaged, as described below.
- You can navigate to Common Files on the C drive by clicking on the C drive.
- Select Rename from the right-click menu when you find the InstallShield file.
- Save InstallShield.old as a new file.
The next step is to verify whether the game works without errors after installing it. If the problem persists, you can move onto the next steps.
Install Windows Installer Package
The Windows Installer service may be responsible for problems encountered when installing an application. Therefore, we recommend downloading and installing it on your computer in order to resolve the problem.
- The Windows Installer can be downloaded here.
- When you click Download, you have the option of selecting a language.
- It is possible to download a 32-bit or a 64-bit file.
- Your computer will now be able to run the file.
In case the problem persists, you can take the necessary steps to resolve it. Try installing the game again and see if the InstallShield 1607 script execution error disappears.
This error may occur if some files, such as Idriver.exe and Msiexec.exe, are running in the background. Here are the steps to fix it using the Task Manager.
- Choose “Task Manager” from the right-click menu on the taskbar.
- Choose “End Task” from the “Processes” tab. Right-click on the files Idriver.exe and Msiexec.exe to terminate them.
- Run the task for each file individually.
Please move on to the next steps if the problem persists. If it does, see the next steps.
Reboot to fix error 1607 InstallShield script cannot be installed
You may experience an error when installing games if you have third-party applications installed on your computer. In this case, you may have to restart your computer.
It is not recommended that you restart Windows 10 for security reasons. You can restart Windows 10 using the following link.
The problem might persist even after restarting your computer. To resolve it, follow the steps below. If the problem persists, you can try installing an updated version of the .net framework.
Install the latest version of the .net framework
If your computer does not have the latest version of the .Net Framework installed, this problem may occur. If you experience this problem, we recommend installing the latest version of the .net Framework and seeing if it solves the issue. To resolve the issue, follow these steps.
- You can download the .NET framework by clicking on the link below.
- Ensure that your computer is up to date by downloading and installing the latest version of the software.
The following steps can be taken if the problem persists after installing Microsoft games.
Create a new user account
Your Windows 10 computers can be configured to create a new user account if none of the above solution steps work for you. The account can be created on your computer as a Microsoft account or as a local one. If you are creating a user account, you must grant it administrator access.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- In Windows Explorer or My Computer, open the following folder: DRIVE Program FilesCommon Files.
- Right-click the Installshield folder, then click Rename.
- Type InstallShield1 and press Enter.
- Try installing the game.
- Rename C:Program FilesCommon FilesInstallShield.
- Go to Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Disk Cleanup, and delete z-files and temporary Internet files.
- Restart your computer.
- Manually delete the contents of the Temp folder.
- Run the installation again.
What is the InstallShield Wizard? InstallShield Wizard is a utility that guides you step-by-step through the process of installing software on your computer. InstallShield Wizard is simply a tool that simplifies software installation.
- Make sure you have enough space on your hard drive.
- Rename the Installshield folder (C: Program Files (X86)Common FilesInstallshield) and try a new installation.
- Delete the installation files in the C: WINDOWS "Installations" folder.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.