- The error message â€“ This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing software â€“ can easily occur when installing or updating drivers for the built-in video card in a Windows operating system.
- In this article, you will learn why this problem occurs and how it can be resolved in various ways.
- The problem usually occurs when you try to install the latest video card directly from the installer executable.
- There is a simple solution to this problem on your computer.
How To Install Windows 11 On Unsupported Hardware
Choosing GPT, TPM 2.0, and Secure Boot are key features to installing Windows 11 on an unsupported PC. If these features are not available for your PC, a few registry hacks will be necessary in order to install Windows 11.
Installing Windows 11 On Unsupported Cpu
If you tried installing Windows on an older computer, but your CPU isn’t compatible with a seamless upgrade that keeps all your content the same, you were unable to do so. Windows 11 can be installed on older CPUs without the need for reformatting the drive and losing all your content. The ISO does not even need to be burned to an external USB drive!
Installing or updating drivers for the built-in video card in a Windows operating system can cause the error message – This computer doesn’t meet the minimum requirements for installing software – to appear. We will explain why and how to resolve this problem in this article.
When you update your Intel HD graphics card, do you get the message “This computer does not meet the minimum requirements”? You can solve this problem by following our instructions. You can fix it easily by following our instructions. The problem usually occurs when you try to install the latest video card directly from the installer executable.
There is probably an error message You do not meet the minimum system requirements for installing the software when you try to update or install Intel graphics drivers for your PC’s built-in GPU.
What causes the “This computer does not meet the minimum requirements” error?
This Pc Can’t Run Windows 11
To open the Settings menu, click on the gear-shaped Settings icon on the left side of the Start menu. Start your computer normally. Click on the Windows button at the bottom right of your screen.
Here are some reasons that have been listed in several reviews in order to better understand the error message.
The graphics card is disabled in the BIOS settings: The error message appears when an external graphics card is connected to the system. In this case, some motherboards automatically disable the video card built into the chipset. However, having an external graphics card is only a possibility, not a certain scenario.
There are some issues with the operating system on this computer. For more information, see the hardware and software requirements for installing SQL Server at:
Incorrect driver: Another reason for this error message could be the implementation of a completely wrong driver. This means that the driver you are trying to install on your system is different from the driver for your graphics card.
An Intel video card has been installed on the system and the driver is detecting the presence of that Third Party video card. That is to say, there are two video cards in your computer but you are using one of them (the Third Party video card). The Intel driver is trying to install for the Third Party video card. That’s why this error occurs.
Please follow these steps to alleviate this problem:
1. Open Driver Easy and run a scan.
2. Click Update button to download the Intel Graphics drivers.
Incorrect operating system version: If you do not already know it, each version of the Windows operating system has a different driver specifically designed for that version of the Windows operating system. For example, if you are using Windows 10 and the driver you downloaded is designed for Windows 7 or 8, it is very likely that a similar error will occur in that case. Another thing to consider is the architecture of your operating system. For example, you won’t be able to install the 32-bit version of the driver on a 64-bit operating system.
For Windows 11, you require a minimum of four gigabytes of RAM on your system. Make sure you’ve seated all of your RAM correctly if you’ve upgraded or replaced your RAM recently.
Fix the “This computer does not meet the minimum requirements” error
Should I Install Windows 11
Even so, there’s really no need to rush to Windows 11 if you are still hesitant. Through 2025, you’ll be able to take advantage of many of Windows 11’s key features (such as Auto HDR and virtual desktops) as long as you’re on Windows 10. In the next few years, Windows 11 should have improved, and maybe we’ll be wondering about how Windows 12 might look then.
Updating drivers with third-party software
A third-party driver update software is one of the best tools you can use when it comes to maintaining your computer. It scans your computer for missing, broken or outdated drivers, downloads them, and then installs them. The Driverfix driver database contains over 18 million files, making it easy for you to download your drivers.
Furthermore, it is not a problem if your computer is a bit old; installation requirements are very low.
Checking for Windows Updates
- Go to Settings by clicking Start.
- You can find updates and security under Updates.
- To update Windows, click the Windows Update button.
- You may need to reboot your computer multiple times as updates may be installed in batches.
- The error may persist even after you have installed all available updates.
- Below are a few possible solutions that you may try if the problem persists.
Update your graphics card using the Device Manager
- Open “Run” by pressing Windows + R.
- Click OK after typing devmgmt.msc.
- Display Adapters can be found by expanding Device Manager.
- Update the driver by selecting Update Driver from the right-click menu.
- The latest driver software will automatically be checked if the option is checked.
- Newer versions of drivers will be installed by Windows when they are found.
- After installation, restart your computer to see if any improvements have been made.
Manually install the Intel graphics driver
- Open “Run” by pressing Windows + R.
- Open the Device Manager by typing devmgmt.msc in the Run box and clicking OK.
- The Add Old Hardware option can be found under Action in the Device Manager window.
- Click Next.
- I selected the Install Hardware option manually (Advanced) next.
- Click Next once you have selected Display Adapters.
- Choosing Intel Corporation under Manufacturer is the next step.
- You can install the necessary drivers for the Intel HD Graphics card if you know the model and version.
- The “Have Disk” button can be clicked if you are not sure what version of your Intel graphics card you have.
- You can now access the Intel graphics driver by navigating to its location.
- The Intel graphics driver will be installed without errors if you select the autorun.inf file in the main installation folder.
- On the next screen, choose the model of your Intel HD graphics card.
- When choosing Intel HD Graphics, select it if you’re unfamiliar with it.
- The driver installation process must be completed by restarting your PC.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Update your drivers with Driverfix. When it comes to keeping your system up to date, Driverfix is one of the best tools available.
- Check for Windows updates.
- Update your graphics card through Device Manager.
- Install the Intel graphics driver manually.
- Make sure that Direct Access clients have received their group policy settings.
- Make sure the client knows it is not on the internal network.
- Make sure the NRPT settings on the DirectAccess client.
- Make sure the IPv6 address on the DirectAccess client.
- Make sure the authentication for the DirectAccess tunnels.
If your computer or laptop does not meet the minimum system requirements, the game will not start or the game will open. Games are mostly driven by Ram, GPU, and CPU if your laptop does not meet the minimum gaming requirements. It keeps charging, and even when it is fully charged, it still lags.
The error message appears for several reasons: Your system has an external graphics card. Some motherboards disable the processor's built-in graphics chipset when you install an external graphics card; check to see if the Intel graphics chipset is visible in Device Manager.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.